Join us for the Arizona Arthritis Center''s annual Living Healthy with Arthritis, a half-day filled with inspiration, information and light brunch to help you and family members live fuller, healthier lives. Featured speakers and topics are:
- "Update on Pediatric Rheumatology," Salvatore Albani, MD, PhD, director, Arizona Arthritis Center; professor of medicine, pediatrics and the Stephens Chair in Rheumatology, The University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Latest Treatments in Rheumatoid Arthritis," Sujata Sarkar, MD, rheumatologist, assistant professor of medicine, UA College of Medicine
- "Advances in Cartilage Tissue Regeneration," John Szivek, PhD, professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UA College of Medicine; director, Orthopaedic Research Laboratory.
REGISTRATION/MORE INFORMATION: Prior registration is requested. Please call (520) 626-5040 or e-mail email@example.com.
"Living Healthy with Arthritis" breakout sessions (choice of two from the following):
- "Osteoporosis - What''s New in Prevention and Treatment Strategies," Jeffrey Lisse, MD, chief, Section of Adult Rheumatology; professor of medicine; Ethel McChesney Bilby Endowed Chair for Osteoporosis.
- "Juvenile Arthritis Focus Group - What are the Treatment Options," Deborah Jane Power, DO, board-certified rheumatologist with a special interest in pediatric rheumatology.
- "Maximize Your Communication with Healthcare Providers," Gail Kershner Riggs, MA, CHES (retired), principal research specialist, Arizona Arthritis Center.
- "Healthy Cooking Demo - Learn to Prepare Healthy Snacks and Appetizers," Pat Sparks, PhD, and chef.
- "Pilates - How to Use Your Body to Its Maximum Potential," Debbie Rocha, MEd, certified pilates instructor and retired physical education teacher.
- "Navigating Your Way to Accurate Healthcare Resources on the Internet," Sandy Kramer, associate librarian and assistant director of services, Arizona Health Sciences Library, The University of Arizona.
- "Tai Chi for Arthritis," Susan Cooper, MA, certified Arthritis Foundation tai chi instructor with more than 25 years experience in the fitness industry.