Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
EVENT:Taking Control of Your Diabetes (TCOYD) in partnership with the University of Arizona, El Rio Health Center, Western Endocrinology, the American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, is hosting a conference and health fair for people with diabetes. The program will feature some of the nation’s leading diabetes experts including Steven Edelman, MD, founder and director of TCOYD; Jonathan Insel, MD; Mitch Parker, MD; Betsy Dokken, NP, PhD, CDE; and Sandra Leal, PharmD, CDE.
REGISTRATION/MORE INFORMATION: To register or to get more information, call 800-998-2693 or visit http://www.tcoyd.org. Fees include a banquet lunch, healthy snacks and all conference activities. On-site registration begins at 7:30 a.m. along with a health fair and. The conference begins at 9 a.m.
FEE: $30 in advance or $35 day of program. Financial assistance is available by calling TCOYD at 800-998-2693.
THE PROGRAM TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Your Extreme Diabetes Makeover…Getting Activated
- Balancing The Emotional Highs and Lows of Diabetes
- It’s All About Prevention: Preventing Diabetes and Complications If You Already Have It!
- How Everyday Decisions Can Promote Your Cardiovascular Health
SPECIAL HANDS-ON SESSIONS INCLUDE:
- Foot screenings
- Nutrition information
- Medication consults
- Exercise programs, such as Zumba dancing, yoga and chair exercises
- Learn to dribble and shoot with former UA basketball star Reggie Geary; living well with diabetes