DOCTORS’ DAY LUNCHEONS
MARCH 30, 2018
Please join us for special luncheons from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Friday, March 30, in recognition of National Doctors’ Day and in honor of the compassionate care and commitment you demonstrate every day to patients in our hospitals. Lunch will be provided for credentialed physicians on the Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and Banner – UMC South medical staff in Kiewit Auditorium (BUMC-Tucson) and in La Galeria (BUMC-South). Below is a menu for each location.
Clinics: If you’re not on campus, Baggins will be delivering lunch to physicians at the following sites — Banner – University Medicine North, Alvernon, North Hills, Orange Grove, Casas Adobes Dermatology, Wilmot, and La Cholla.
Kiewit Auditorium (Tucson Campus) Lunch 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
• Italian Bread Salad with Cucumbers & Tomatoes
• Hearts of Romaine with Caesar Dressing
• Roasted Breast of Chicken with Saltimbocca Ragout & Porcini Cream
• Rigatoni Pillows Tossed with Garlic, Olive Oil, Plum Tomato, Pesto, Asparagus, & Asiago Cheese
• Seared Italian Field Squash & Tomato Ragout
• Hearth Baked Artisanal Breads & Butter
• Italian Custard Tart
La Galeria (South Campus) Lunch 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
• Carved Beef Tenderloin with Herb Butter
• Orange Glazed Salmon
• Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers
• Broccolini with Garlic and Lemon
• Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
• Dinner Rolls
• Assorted Mini Cheesecakes and Cream Puffs
• Coffee and Tea Service
The History of Doctors’ Day: The first Doctors' Day observance was March 30, 1933 in Winder, Georgia. Eudora Brown Almond, wife of Dr. Charles B. Almond, decided to set aside a day to honor physicians. The red carnation is commonly used as the symbolic flower for National Doctors' Day. On March 30, 1958, a Resolution Commemorating Doctors' Day was adopted by the U.S. House of Representatives. In 1990, legislation was introduced in the House and Senate to establish a national Doctor's Day. Following overwhelming approval by the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives, on October 30, 1990, President George Bush signed S.J. RES. #366 (which became Public Law 101-473) designating March 30th as "National Doctor's Day."
University of Arizona Cancer Center Leon F. Levy Building, Kiewit Auditorium
1515 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85724
Banner – University Medical Center South, La Galería (1st floor through cafeteria)
2800 E Ajo Way
Tucson, AZ 85713