In response to increasing rates of influenza and other seasonal illnesses across the nation, Banner Health will implement visitor restrictions at all of its hospitals, including Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and Banner – University Medical Center South.
Effective Dec. 28, the following restrictions will be implemented:
• Do not visit the hospital if you have fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea
• No visitors under the age of 13
• Siblings who do not have cold and flu symptoms may visit a new baby in the Obstetrics Unit
• Children 12 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times in public waiting areas and cafeterias
• Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently while at the hospital
All Banner Health employees, employed physicians, volunteers and students received a flu vaccination by Dec. 1. Those who were unable to receive the vaccination because of medical or religious reasons are required to wear a mask while in care settings (such as hospitals) during the flu season.
Banner Health encourages everyone over the age of 6 months to receive the flu vaccine to protect themselves and others from influenza. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for protection to set in, making now the perfect time to get vaccinated.